1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Recall

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jgraner804, Jun 16, 2006.

1. jgraner804

jgraner804 New Member

Heard about a week ago about the recall on the 2003-2006 Prius - possible gear shift separation when contact with "large force" - the recall website noted it can happen with continuous hard contact with the curb, for instance. Yikes! Has anyone gotten the official notice yet? Wonder when the dealers will have the part?
    Please let me know what you think, etc.

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No, no, no. Not a gear shift separation. There has been plenty of coverage regarding the SSC 60C campaign. Please see the official thread or do a search on the PriusChat website.

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jgraner804 @ Jun 16 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]272195[/snapback]</div>

I have not received official notice, but I am part of the recall. For the last recall on my Prius I simply brought my car to Toyota and told them to go for it. No questions asked. I'll do the same for this recall. Call the 800 # and find out if your car requires the fix. If so, call your local Toyota and schedule a time to drop off your car. I'll be visiting the Houston dealer tomorrow bright and early. If they can't do it on the weekend, I'll make another trip on Monday morning. Good luck.

:)

4. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Please wait to receive your letter before you schedule an appointment. I've called the 800-number before and was told I wasn't part of a previous recall, and then a few days later, I was delivered a recall letter.

That letter is the official notification from Toyota saying that you need to schedule a service appointment. The letters are being distributed in a strategic manner that allows dealers to get up to speed and manage their workload as well as ensure parts are available. Wait for the letter before you schedule an appointment.

All of this has been previously covered in the offical SSC 60C thread. There's no sense in duplicating information in another thread.

5. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

By all means, everyone should wait for the official letter especially if you're unsure as to whether or not your Prius needs the fix.

However, for the last recall I never received the letter. I waited and waited and waited... all the time knowing I was indeed part of the recall. So I brought my car in without the letter. Toyota was fine with it.

6. Springtime

Springtime Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jgraner804 @ Jun 16 2006, 11:02 AM) [snapback]272195[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I received an official letter from Toyota 6/15/06 stating that my vehicle is part of the recall. Since I am due in for my 5000 mile oil change about the middle of July I plan to schedule to have the recall work done at the same time.

Springtime

7. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Jun 16 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]272208[/snapback]</div>
    Bah. I think the dealers are quite capable of scheduling and managing their workload by themselves. They do it all the time.

I decided to simply wait until my next oil change to get it done, letter or no letter. I didn't want to have to bring the car in twice, once for an oil change, and then once for the recall. It turns out that my next oil change for both of my Priuses is tomorrow, so we are also getting the recall done.

8. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Jun 16 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]272252[/snapback]</div>
    If you insist. :rolleyes: