1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius reference used in newspaper article on commuter trains

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ken Cooper, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

In todays local paper, the Albuquerque Journal, the discussion of the cost of the developing commuter train between Santa Fe and Albuquerque was discussed. In this article there was reference to a similar discussion going on in St. Louis. It was pointed out that in St. Louis, light rail was being implemented for those who can't afford transportation. Pointed out also was the fact that the city could buy a new Prius for those folks every 5 years and cost would be the same.

Oh, let me share another totally unrelated event: Yesterday I took advantage of a Sears one day end of season patio furniture sale and bought a complete set including a 45" table, 4 nice fully assembled chairs, and an umbrella. I brought the whole set home with me in my Prius. Both the fellow helping me to load it and the woman waiting behind expressed amazement at the successful loading of this stuff into my little hybrid.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Prius reference used in newspaper article on commuter tr

(Let me guess: were they quoting self-described transportation expert Wendell Cox? Others have described him as a libertarian shill for the auto industry.) The costs would be the same only by ignoring the costs of building more highways to accomodate those cars, and of the air pollution they create.