1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius repair shops around Fremont/Union City CA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by S. Sen, Dec 10, 2012.

1. S. Sen

S. Sen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

I would appreciate if anyone can recommend shops in the Fremont/Union City (northern CA) area where I can get 2007 Prius (passenger side) headlamps replaced.

I am not looking for dealers - one dealer asked for $350 for replacing the passenger side headlamp - but rather for reliable shops that can replace the lamp if I buy it separately and where I can take the car for service in the future.

Thanks for any inputs.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have no experience with them but Luscious Garage | Blog | Prius headlight problem, D4R HID bulbs *still overpriced, not covered under warranty* is in SF. Not sure if they'll let you bring your own part. The price of the bulbs has come down since that blog post went up, say maybe they've lowered their bulb price a bit?

Amazon.com: Philips D4R Xenon HID Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1: Automotive directly from Amazon (not a 3rd party seller) I think should be a safe bet. Amazon's listed at Philips Car lights, Lighting under Where to buy.

You could try to do it yourself. Some people are able to do it easily and others like me ran into trouble (can't remove washer fluid tank, trying to replace passenger side HID | PriusChat) and had to remove the front bumper cover after the clip came off. :(