1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Rmd Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by JohnLcoo, Mar 11, 2021.

1. JohnLcoo

JohnLcoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

New to the forum, hoping to get my crazy problem fixed.
    I have a 2009 base with extras.
    I have 130,000 miles on it.
    Screen was getting dark, than when out completely.
    I put new screen in , no response at all, than I was on a trip and all the lights came on around the screen for a second, than went off, meaning climate,info,audio, so the next day everything, touch screen,backup camera was working for two hours than went off and hasn't me come back on for a couple of days now, during this time my right headlight went out , when I turn light switch on and off , the light came back on for a 10 seconds and hasn't came back on.
    I got a engine symbol on dash.
    I plugged OBD2 in a it said I need accelerator pedal sensor.
    Hoping somebody on here may help me.
    Thanks John

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Did you replace the MFD screen with the same part # ?

Hobbit has a excellent write up for the MFD, it may offer you a solution : Prius MFD

Toggling the headlights is a known trick to get a failing HID bulb to illuminate, does your model have HID bulbs?

Solved my HID problem by replacing the pair for 12 usd on fleabay.
    Not all OBD2 scanners are toyota hybrid compatible, which device or App are you using to retrieve the OBD2 codes (DTCs) with?

What was the DTC (OBD2 code) that your current scanner came back with for the pedal sensor?

FYI : your posts are being moderated until you've posted five (5) times.

If this vehicle is new to you, be sure to monitor the engine oil level until you know the rate or consumption, if any.