1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Road Signs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I just downloaded the GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program yesterday. (think Photoshop-ish, but open source and FREE! :) )

Without even reading the instructions, I was able to import a couple of images - the Prius from PriusChat - manipulate and combine them, and add some verbiage.

This is what I came up with . . .

I'm curious what fun/funny/informative Prius Signs our resident Photoshoppers can conjure up.:pop2:

Attached Files:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    cool! haha. Imagine the possibilities...

3. Austin50mpg

Austin50mpg Prius Driving Right Winger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the link. I will have to try this software out. I was about to pay $79 for photoshop elements. But $0 is a better price.

How about Caution this vehicle makes infrequent stops at gas stations.

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Gimp is great, but it still doesn't have the same level of user interface that Photoshop does. I actually view this as a problem with many open source projects, in general. They may work great under the hood, but they can be harder to use than the proprietary software out there. Hopefully this will (continue to) get better.