1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius safety

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jgraner804, Feb 7, 2006.

1. jgraner804

jgraner804 New Member

My cousin, who lives in California, was in a horrific car accident in freeway traffic a few days ago. He did not know we had just purchased a Prius. We felt really good about his closing comments and I include them here:

"By the way, I had, chosen yesterday to drive Barbara's little Prius for the first time since she left. Perhaps that, too, was a blessing, because when I observed (to the AAA tow guy) that the car had "cracked like an egg shell" (protecting the contents) he saids that's exactly what is designed to do. The impact went around the shell of the car (left fender, driver's side door, bumper, hood, etc.) instead of being transmitted to the wheels, axle, engine compartment, etc.
    Enough for now. Barbara's pretty, little Prius is busted up, and I am only slightly damaged, and we ask your prayers of thanksgiving."

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Saftey was an important factor to me when choosing the Prius. As far as I could tell the Prius is a safe car for it's size and adding vsc and curtain airbags makes it even safer (though I do think all airbags should be standard).

It seems to have held up well in the crash reports I have seen.

I hope your cousin is doing ok!