1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Sat Nav region code problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Watershack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Watershack

Watershack New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have brought my Prius from Australia (region 4) to the UK (region 2). I have tried to obtain a UK sat nav data disk but the sat nav will not read it apparently due to this region code issue.
    Whilst you can eliminate the region code issue with movie DVDs the sat nav uses database files with a .kwi extension.
    There is a region.kwi file on the disk and it is possible to decode this into hexadecimal but that is as far as I can get.
    Has anyone come across this or any suggestions to address, websites etc to contact? Any help appreciated :)

2. hvanwersch

hvanwersch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If your navigation system is a generation 5, as I presume it is, a Hungarian chap who has sorted out this stuff is likely to help you. Send him an e-mail at: [email protected]

Good luck.

Herman

3. Watershack

Watershack New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Herman I shall certainly try and get in touch with your contact.
    I have got both my Aus nav disk that works and a UK mapping disk that matches as the part for the Denso drive unit but is not recognised. I have also worked out how to combine files if required with a combination of Nero and ISOMagic but that's as far as I could get without understanding the file structure of the .kwi databse files. :)

4. goldendel

goldendel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Did you have any luck with this? I am preparing to move to the UK from Sydney and would like to take my Prius. Did you also manage to convert from kilometres to miles?

Many thanks,

Tim