1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jakabite, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Jakabite

Jakabite New Member

Anyone know of a site/store were I could get a good (durable) set of seat covers, both for the front seats/head rests and rear seats? I do want these seats to last, but on the other hand, I do not wish to fork out a bunch of money for these covers either. The covers must be airbag compatible. I have the gray upholstery interior. Thank you for your support!

Have a great Prius Driving day!

2. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    http://www.greatcovers.net/

I recommend GT Covers. I had a complete set on my 2005 and transfered the seat covers to my 2007. My interior is gray and the seat covers fit well and look great. Took a while to fit the rear covers, but well worth the effort.

3. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skruse @ Oct 23 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]529297[/snapback]</div>
    How about some pictures of your seat covers. I was told a few days ago while the wife was looking at a HyCam that the dealer offers a leather seat conversion for the Prius and it costs around $1400. Anyone have any experience with this? Comments?

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyL @ Oct 23 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]529425[/snapback]</div>
    Here are a couple of pictures of my GT Seat Covers. I have an ivory interior and gray worked fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got mine from a Toyota dealer as they could get me a good price (they order a large quantity). plus they had samples I could take out and see what they would look like.

Another popular seat cover for the Prius is the Wet Okole.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another possibility is to get a set of the OEM seat covers. Right now there's an ebay auction going on for a 2006 gray set (but not headrests). I believe all 2006s have side air bags [EDIT/CORRECTION: THIS IS NOT TRUE -- SIDE SEAT AND SIDE CURTAIN AIRBAGS WERE AN OPTION, NOT STANDARD IN 2006. SO YOU WILL HAVE TO CHECK WITH THE EBAY SELLER AS TO WHETHER THESE "2006" SEAT COVERS WERE FOR FRONT SEATS WITH SIDE AIRBAGS] [EDIT #2: EBAY SELLER INFORMS ME THAT THESE SEAT COVERS ACCOMODATE FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS]. The minimum bid is $29.95. It's linked here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Toyota...1QQcmdZViewItem

I just bought a purportedly new set off of a 2008 Prius at the ebay "Buy It Now" price of $49.95. When I get them I'm just going to use the driver's seat cover (I damaged mine), and use the rest as back-up.

I think these OEM seat covers show up on ebay from time to time because of people who replace them with leather.

For $30 - $50, I doubt that you'll find better covers than the OEMs for the money. If you find a good set for that price, you can buy it as a back-up and use pieces of it if and when you need to.

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    See my EDITED/CORRECTED post above regarding side seat and side curtain airbags as an option, and not standard equipment, for the 2006 Prius.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've got GT covers that accommodate the side airbags.

8. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's a link to purportedly new OEM Seat Covers in Tan/Bisque, from a 2008 Prius, for the Buy It Now price of $49.95. These should accomodate front side airbags (side/side curtain airbags became standard in 2007):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-08-TOYOT...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's that link again to used OEM Seat Covers in Gray, from a 2006 Prius, for the opening bid price of $29.95. I don't know if these accomodate front side airbags (side/side curtain airbags became standard in 2007) -- you'll have to ask the ebay seller [EDIT/UPDATE: The ebay seller informs me that this 2006 set of OEM seat covers accomodates front side airbags]:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Toyota...1QQcmdZViewItem

9. drifty1955

drifty1955 New Member

I finally got my WET OKOLE covers in & installed. Took about 6 weeks to get them. I would post pic but its been raining for 2 days down here and the light is poor for a good pic. Hopefully I can get a shot tomorrow and post. That being said the seats are excellent. They fit perfect...have the holes for the air bags and look and feel better than the stock seats. Includes head rest covers and a custom cover for the center console lid that actually fits perfect. Extremely high quality....best $ 255 delivered I have spent on this car.

10. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drifty'sDad @ Oct 27 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]531432[/snapback]</div>
    Great! Looking forward to seeing the pics. I like the Wet Okole covers too, mainly for their looks.

11. Scafremon

Scafremon Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drifty'sDad @ Oct 27 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]531432[/snapback]</div>
    I look forward to pics also. What color(s) did you get?

I visited their Costa Mesa CA showroom last week and ordered mine. My Prius is Black with the Beige interior, and after much thought, I decided on all black seat covers. Was worried that if I went two-tone trying to come close to the beige interior color, I would have the same concerns I have now - dirty seats.

I think there is enough black in the interior that these black covers will compliment the interior, at least that is my hope. I went full ribbing (also in black) just to give more shape to the covers. Wanted to get a Prius logo on the fronts, but decided not to when I realized it was a heat transfer logo, and not embrodiered.

Anxious to get mine, and also see pictures of others. Even though alot of people here talk about the Wet Okole covers in their Prii, there weren't alot of photos here to review to help decide.

12. drifty1955

drifty1955 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scafremon @ Oct 28 2007, 12:32 AM) [snapback]531454[/snapback]</div>

Really overcast again today...plus many other things going on but you will love the OKOLE seats. They are a joy to look at as they fit perfect and tight as hell and made of a really thick neoprene with 1/2 inch of padding on them. They look better than the stock seats IMHO. Come with front & rear snap locks under seat to tighten up the fit. Only drawback so far is I have the seat cover on the pass. seat so tight (looks really good) with my small biz attache placed on the pass. seat it makes the passenger on board light come on and starts beeping demanding that the passenger seat belt be fastened. So I just connect the seat belt. Small price to pay for nice seats. Finally an aftermarket thing that actually works and is of high quality! Actually I take that back...everything I have bought so far for this car on the Priuschat.Com Accessory shop I have been very happy with. They do a great job. Got a block heater & wheelskins inbound too. Pics soon! I promise!

13. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I was going to order GT covers for a 2006 ,but thought Id try the $69 ones on Ebay from seller "exactseatcovers".
    I was skeptical ,but they turned out to be fantastic quality .
    The velor material is as durable and soft as OEM material .
    The fit is amazing (at least as good as the GT picture if not better.Noone realizes at first glance that they arent the original seats .There are so many contoured areas that I think they must be cut and sewn robotically.
    I am not connected to this seller in any way.
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...earch&fgtp=

14. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Oct 29 2007, 02:30 PM) [snapback]532034[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Mojo,

I saw those exactseatcovers too, and I thought they look better than or as good as the GTs, and for a very good price too.

Curious, were they easy to install? Did you have to partially disassemble any of the Prius seats to install them properly?

15. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boo @ Oct 29 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]532060[/snapback]</div>
    They where not too difficult.Fronts just slip on .I tied the straps under the seat super tight and with a double knot.Not using any buckles or hardware.They havent loosened a bit after a year.
    The back seat you just remove a few bolts.I forget exactly what the bolts held .Arm rest or vent cover ?
    Anyway it took about 1-2 hours.

16. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Oct 29 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]532084[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks! It all sounds good.

17. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  18. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Oct 29 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]532130[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks! Looks easy enough for me to do!

19. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi.

I have the exactseatcovers, item code: PR4 T939/T845 V2 for an 07 Prius. The mechanic I asked to put these on while I was at work today said the front ones won't fit.

Do I have the wrong ones?

:unsure:

I'm useless when it comes to putting seat covers on :huh: