1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Service Bulletins

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by jacksonshaw, Mar 22, 2005.

1. jacksonshaw

jacksonshaw New Member

Received Check engine light today. Service Department says it is a P3191 Code problem. Rep says only that they reprogramed computer in accordance with Toyota TSB #EG047-04. Would not provide me with a copy of the TSB. Is there any place on the Web that I can get a discription of the various trouble codes and or the readout of the TSB?
    Thanks, Jackson

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can go to http://techinfo.toyota.com and get all the info you would need or want. It covers all the Toyota models. And it is a subsription only site,sorry. You could get a day,month or yearly( I believe). Similar to what I use in the dealer. Maybe someone here knows of another site or has copies of the TSB to post.
    Don't worry to much about the Trouble code and reflash. Never had one come back after doing the reflash for the same problem. 8)

3. wellsrw

wellsrw Junior Member

4. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wellsrw\";p=\"74738)</div>
    That is a very long list Bob. That is all the TSB's for all Toyota models. A person would have to know what TSB to look for to search for a Prius. I looked at alldata site and it is a subsrciption also. Guess nothing is free anymore. Guess all you guys will just have to stick around and when you have a TSB you are curious about, someone maybe able to copy the link here or just ask. One of us Toyota Masters willl be glad to explain it for you. :)

5. wellsrw

wellsrw Junior Member

Cheers: Correct. I have only used it when I know the TSB number. Like EG050-04 for Prius oil. Then I just use "CTL - F" and type in a few unique digits in the search field, like EG050, and bing - there it is.

Regards,
    Bob Wells

6. mdb

mdb New Member

this whole subject of proprietary information is so murky, i just had that same tsb update install done to prsumably alter the behavior of low level fuel and its not correct yet but it is different. so the 12 page tsb is partial related but to find correlation is in need of more than i know just yet but that is why ive just begun here myself hoping htis isnt a game but it will be educational more later mikeb