1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Shop Door Trim and Mud Flaps

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by meyerwc, Mar 29, 2008.

1. meyerwc

meyerwc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just back from having 3M Clear Bra and my Prius Shop door trim put on my new 2008 Silver Pine Mica Prius Package #6.

Had the 3M Clear Bra installed on the hood and fenders.

$210 (tax included) to get 18" inches on the hood and then the fenders.

Got the door trim to attempt to avoid door dings.

Gave them $40 dollars to install my previously purchased door trim.

I had already installed the Prius Shop mud flaps earlier.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Probably won't "pimp my ride" any more than this.

Attached Files:

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking good!

BTW, that $40 charge to install the door moldings was money well spent. To install those moldings straight can be a hit or miss thing for the novice. And it looks like they did a good job.

ANOTHER BTW, my Toyota dealer wanted $400 for the moldings and installation. That would work out to almost $300 for labor!

3. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Very very nice! Who did the installation for you?
    Enjoy,
    Gabe

4. meyerwc

meyerwc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    He was going to throw the install of the door trim in for free because I had to wait in my car while he ran to his dad's house to cut out the 3M Clear Bra. They are moving in to a new shop and they had not moved their $15,000 film cutter in to the shop yet because of all of the construction dust.

I added on the $40 for the trim install. I felt I needed to pay him something plus the wait gave me some time to sit in the car and read the owner's manual.

The company was PDI Clear Bra in Lenexa, Kansas. The son Eric did all of the work. It is a father and son operation. His dad's name is Dennis.

He did the clear bra and the door trim in about an hour and did a very good job.

I told him I would have taken all day just getting the guide tape put on the car for the door trim.

The front part of their shop is a mess and they do not have a sign up yet but I would recommend them to anyone in the Kansas City area that is wanting to have the 3M Clear Bra installed.

Their price is also the cheapest I found in the area.

P.S. The quality of the paint on the door trim from Prius Shop was very good. Eric said that it costs around $80 just to get the trim painted. $118 for the painted door trim, shipping included, from Prius Shop was another good deal.