1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Shop question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by The Broz, May 30, 2012.

1. The Broz

The Broz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am thinking of buying a Prius in a few months and doing my research ahead of time, including reading up on this site. So - long time reader, first time poster. Thanks everyone for having me.

I have seen a lot of comments re: getting items through the Prius Chat Shop if at all possible. However, I did a little comparison on some items between the Prius Chat shop and toyota.com and found the price difference on several items to be no more than a couple dollars. The items that I was looking at were the rear bumper applique, the envelope cargo net, the carpet cargo and floor mats. Is this what others have experienced as well?

Will say that the VIP Security system is significantly less here, and the side moldings are not even available at toyota.com

2. Megan2044

Megan2044 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Curious, so VIP security system can be installed after the fact as an aftermarket item? Wonder what that runs dealer installed...

3. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As of Feb, 2011, $1,000.... Like everything else, I'm sure it would cost more now.....