1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Silver Pine Mica Color?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GusTheCat, Nov 16, 2008.

1. GusTheCat

GusTheCat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I am trying to buy one with this color, but wife said it does not look good on a man, and my toddler son pointed at the catalog and told me that every car other than a Toyota pickup is a "girl car"... (with all due respect to other owners)

I just thought that it is a nice and quiet color, without getting much attention (or maybe it does?). Any men driving such a color? Thanks.

2. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have had mine for almost two years and like it just as much today as the day I got it. We have had many compliments on it. It is also a somewhat hard to find color. :welcome:

Attached Files:

3. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You might try a new wife. Like my SPM better than the other colors in the Toyota line...and had many of them over 25 + years.

4. GusTheCat

GusTheCat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks... this helps!

5. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's the color I like. My 04 was Silver, so when I got the 09 I wanted a different color. Both colors hide the dirt well.

6. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No wonder they were laughing when I bought mine.

7. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wish I could have gotten Silver Pine Mica.

8. lovemygreys

lovemygreys New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    When we decided to get a Prius, the only color I ruled out FOR SURE was silver pine mica. :rolleyes: It was the one color my husband liked the most right off the bat. A couple months of keeping my eyes peeled for any and all color Prii on the street and I ended up choosing Silver Pine Mica as our first and only choice - it quickly became my favorite color after seeing it in person a few times . It was the color I saw the least of everywhere (tons of white, black, silver and seaside pearls). Every pic on the web looked different...it really is hard to capture in a pic. I love it, my husband loves it (and I think he looks great in it). I still don't see too many SPMs in our area, which is fine with me. I like having a unique color.

It's really a chameleon sort of a color...silver to piney green...at night in some lights it even looks gold sometimes. We liked it so much, we went back a week after getting our Prius and got the same color in a minivan :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Be sure to see one in Silver Pine before rejecting it out of hand. From the little sample at the dealer I rejected the color as being too much like silver (which I did not want). When I met Fiona in person, it was love at first sight. Now I get lots of compliments on the color - and not just from other women!

There were several SPM at Hybridfest last summer & we're all in love with the color. :grouphug:

10. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I wouldnt trade my SPM for anything..... Had it since '06 and when I run it through the wash, it still shines up and looks great!!:D

11. Chasek

Chasek New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We have an 07 silver pine mica and we constantly get good comments on the color. It doesn't show the dirt and it is different than the standard colors.

12. nobom

nobom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Silver Pine Mica? It's the only color I like for my 08 Prius. Wouldn't think of having any other color. Silver is way over used. Dark Blue shows too much dirt. Magnetic Gray is dull.

13. GusTheCat

GusTheCat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Saw it this afternoon at the dealer, and it is a great color. It has a golden/gray hue in it, so it is not the Barbie green or countryside curtain green she probably had in mind. Still, she does not like it, but I will probably get it anyway.

14. warrior

warrior New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I call mine Army Green 145:)

15. fgoodyear

fgoodyear New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes I do drive a 2007 Silver Pine Mica Prius. It is a great color. I have had it since June of '07. I got mine with the dark grey leather..... sorry in advance but I think that is the best interior color. We ordered ours with the Bisque leather but it came in with the grey, and I am very glad it did, much better combination then the bisque. Also, the loaded package 6 didn't hurt any either. We also got an '08 Hybrid CAmry this year, also loaded. We got it in the metallic blue, didn't like the green that was offered on the CAmry. If this blue had been offered at that time on the Prius as it is now, it would have been a toss up on the colors.;)

16. swi66

swi66 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My introduction to Prius was renting the Pine Mica Prius for a week.
    The color quickly grew on me, and it appears to be not very common.
    It was my number 1 choice when I got on the list.
    Red was my second, Black third.
    After a month of waiting I got a Black Prius...........

17. bino

bino JDM ZVW30

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I love my SPM Prius....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. theoriginalwheelstv

theoriginalwheelstv New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    As far as I am concerned silver pine mica is a perfect color for the car. When it comes out in conversation that I bought a Prius I like to add, "I even bought it in green".

19. jorgeez

jorgeez New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Silver Pine Mica is a good choice. Nice personalized license plates too! I suppose the initials stands for you and your loved one! Good job on that one! ;)