1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius site in Great Britain

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jkash, Mar 17, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. m1j1tc0rn

m1j1tc0rn New Member

hey!!!! duo-tone spedometer and 17" wheels.
    i'll take both. :)
    -r

3. RobertO

RobertO New Member

J:

Love The Guardian.

Especially when it come to White House and Iraq coverage. We must all seem like a buncvh of putzes to the British commoners....nice to see the one artical usgersting that we're waking up about our petroleum habit.

Thanks for the link. Frightfully cool.

Bob

4. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I thought it was odd that the Toyota ad (or, I should say, advert) claimed "65.7 miles to the gallon" and a lower 56.5 mpg in urban driving. Does the UK use the same 128-fluid-ounce gallons as does the US, or do they use larger Imperial gallons? If the Imperial gallon is 160 fluid ounces, then I'd expect 75 mpIg in urban driving. Of course, European tests need not yield the exact same results as US tests, but I'd still expect the highest efficiency in urban driving on both sides of the pond.

Also, the animated demo ("how the hybrid engine works") was the same as in the U.S., showing the car driving on the right side of the road. You'd think they'd have a left-drive version of the animation for, like, Japan.

5. richardgy

richardgy New Member

Odd! The UK gallon is 1.201 X US gallon but, of course, it's litres now anyway. Since highway driving is normally faster than US, I can't see how these figures can be right.