1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius + Sprint Bluetooth report! Good News!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kn6vv, Aug 31, 2007.

1. kn6vv

kn6vv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well my Sprint agreement was up for renewal. My Prius has the Bluetooth capability and I needed to add another phone to my plan. After 10 years with Sprint, the Sprint loyal customer department wanted me to stay with them. They offered me a free $115 credit to my account plus another $150 for a new phone for the extra line I wanted. Knowing nothing about "Bluetooth", I decided I would get my first Bluetooth phone. After reading MANY Bluetooth threads on PriusChat, I was very uncertain as to what might work well and what might not. <_< They gave me 30 days to change if the later was true.

I picked the Sanyo Katana II (newer than orig Katana) phone and all I can say is WOW! EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING works perfectly with my 2006 package 8. :D

I followed simple instructions on how to link the phone to the car. The car now sees my cell phone up to 30 feet away and connects automatically! My entire 100+ cell phone book contents transfered direct to the Prius in under 5 seconds! It shows signal strength, audio is crystal clear both ways via the stereo system and overhead mic. The phone rings through the speaker system (left channel).

If you are uncertain as I was in finding a good Bluetooth phone, I strongly suggest you look into the Katana II to see if it fits your needs. I could not be happier with it myself.

Best wishes to all!

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sanyo phones are superb phones. Can't go wrong with em'

3. TSaxman28

TSaxman28 Wandering Minstrel

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kn6vv @ Aug 31 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]505188[/snapback]</div>

I have the original Katana and it too works great with the Prius. If only Toyota had programmed the Prius' dialing capabilities to be as good as Sanyo did the with Katana.

4. EarthFriendly

EarthFriendly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tsaxman28 @ Sep 1 2007, 07:51 PM) [snapback]505571[/snapback]</div>
    I have the Sprint Sanyo M1 and my wife has the Samsung UpStage. I am AMAZED at how easily both phones installed, and the call quality is absolutely superb on both. The instruction manual is very long-winded, but the menus are really quite intuitive. We even managed to sync both of our address books separately so that her contacts are in a different menu than mine, and both are easily retrievable

5. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, I'm officially an idiot when it comes to connecting these things. I have a Sanyo Katanya II from Sprint & am trying to hook it up with my 2007 Prius. I did get it to say they were connected, but when I tried to import the phone numbers, something happened & I got confused. I'll go back & read both books again (Prius & phone), but is there something simple I am missing? Help!!