1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius steals sunglasses

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by aforkosh, Apr 22, 2004.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Driving at sunset, I had my clipon sunglasses clipped to my frames in the up position. As I turned right from travelling west to travelling north, I swung the sun visor from the front to the side window. It hit and unclippled the sunglasses and sent them flying.

I have since searched the car and can't find them. All windows are closed, so they must be somewhere (or have they gone to the great sock drawer in the sky). Has something like this happened to anyone else?

2. Batavier

Batavier Member

Sorry, but.... :rofl:

Did you check under the seats? Inside the bottle holders in the doors? In the things for maps behind the front seats?

Darn, this must be rather frustrating... :(

3. paulisme

paulisme New Member

I know how you feel. The day I got mine I dropped a CD in between the console and the driver's seat. I thought I'd never see it again. I ended up having to put the driver's seat as far back as it would go and then reaching my skinny arm under the seat to fish around for the CD. I'm sure as the years go by I'll have accumulated quite a time capsule down there.

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I noticed the underseat storage isn't as flexible as my old car. I tried shoving a new DVD under the passenger seat to keep it out of the sun, and it kept popping back out. I finally put my hand under there and the amplifier doesn't give you anyplace to stuff things. I'm assuming the NAV blocks the area under the driver's seat, but I don't normally put stuff there.

As far as lost stuff goes, a pen fell between the driver's seat and the console, and it took a while before it floated around to where I could get it. Odds are, with enough driving around anything that isn't trapped somewhere will get found eventually...

5. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Maybe it was absorbed by the battery. How many bars sowed on the display after your shades got clipped :lol:

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

You'll find your shades in the same place that all those socks which disappear from the laundry go to.

Something to do with the space-time continuum being weaker around hybrid engines and electric clothes dryers.

:mrgreen:

7. cybele

cybele New Member

Ah yes, but lost socks are always replaced by a penny. The laws of conservation of matter dictate it.

The trick is figuring out what the space-time continuum will substitute aforkosh's sunglasses for in this dimension. I'm guessing he'll find a quarter.

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Aha -- the tooth fairy dimension!

9. riskable

riskable Junior Member

Haha, reminds me of a friend of mine that recently sold his ancient Nissan Sentra (I think it was from 85). When he cleaned out the car he found a can of OK Soda. Remember OK Soda? LOL

Bastard opened the can and drank it on the spot! Oddly enough he didn't get sick afterwards.

I'm still amazed that the can didn't burst through several sub-zero winters.

10. tag

tag Senior Member

Hence the name!

11. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The car disgorged the sunglasses yesterday. I found them under the back of the front driver's seat, just in front of the front edge of the rear carpet.

I think they must have been hung up in the wiring and other stuff under the seat and eventually worked free.

12. priusfanmh

priusfanmh Guest

After a routine service last year I noticed that I could hear something moving about under my seat when I pulled away or braked or turned corners - I searched and searched and could not find anything under the seats or anywhere in the car from where the noise seemed to come from.

I thought the dealer must have left something somewhere to move about so I took it back to them for investigation stating they MUST have forgotten to tighten something up or something.

They had it over two days and could not also find out what the noise was until they took out the seat and started to disassemble the air conditioning ducts where they found a pen (MY pen!). Cue slight embarrassment!

It must have fallen out of my pocket but I just can not fathom out how it managed to find itself in the air ducts.

13. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Naaah.... time just moves at a slower rate in the "lost sock" dimension.