1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Stereo Replacement??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by spideyman, May 11, 2007.

1. spideyman

spideyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just curious if there is a replacement CD/MP3 player available anywhere for the Prius??

I went to Best Buy in the hopes of purchasing a CD/MP3 player for my 2007 Prius Touring as I have the standard model with no options, which means CD player doesn't play MP3's and I have no AUX jack to plug in an MP3 player. The guy in the auto stereo department said that they TRIED to install one in a Prius, but don't have the proper wiring harness for it and there are none available at this time. He said the only choice I had was to buy a FM Transmitter and use my MP3 player though it, which is what I am doing, but there is a lot of bleedover regardless of the station I choose. The local radio stations pretty well suck, and I would really rather be able to use my MP3 CD's for the sheer amount of music they hold. I see the DICE iPod units for sale, but of course, I don't have an iPod. If I were to buy an iPod and a DICE unit, how easy is it to install? Now remember, I am not real great with tearing stuff all apart and re-assembling. :lol:

Thanks for any info you can provide.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spideyman @ May 11 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]440267[/snapback]</div>

Yes, the DICE kit will work in your car. When I get to a computer I'll link a install guide that I posted in this forum, it should be a few pages back.

3. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spideyman @ May 11 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]440267[/snapback]</div>
    Lol spidey, that salesman doesn't have a clue. Of course you can have Aux, plus much more. The Dice unit and there are others like Vais Tech SLI can do that for you and it is VERY simple to install. It is just a matter of removing the vent next to the MFD, unscrewing a screw, and sticking your hand behind the HU and plug in a connector basically. Do a search here for DICE install and you should find plenty of info.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ May 11 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]440332[/snapback]</div>

The base package Prius didn't come with a 3.5mm jack :blink:

You're saying that I don't have a clue when in another thread you claimed the Prius didn't have an amp built-in..... :rolleyes:

You just might want to learn a little more about the Prius before you start throwing out claims like that.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spideyman @ May 11 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]440267[/snapback]</div>
    You don't need an iPod to use the DICE unit. It comes with an AUX Input jack too so you can play your regular MP3 player. You just need a 3.5mm male-male wire.