1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Stopped Running

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tony-s185p, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Tony-s185p

Tony-s185p New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi there! I bought a salvaged prius this August and just until yesterday had no issues with it. For context I am a delivery driver. Yesterday as I was returning from a customer's house I heard a noise coming from the engine bay it just sounded like I drove over something so I didn't pay much attention to it. I returned back and everything seemed fine. Then after a bit I went on my next delivery. I drove out and after about a mile my engine made a loud noise and died.

Now when I start my car it goes into ready mode, starts the engine to charge hybrid battery and after 10 seconds of running it makes a loud cranking noise and shuts off and the car leaves ready mode

I have a t-mobile sync up drive which shows obd codes and its reading code p3190 (low engine power)

Also my car was due for an oil change.

Today I've changed the oil, added some more fuel, checked the mass air intake and sensor and still my car still doesn't run.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Sounds like a blown engine