1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Three orFour 2012 vs 2013

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Kwara4u, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Kwara4u

Kwara4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello all

I am new to Prius and thinking about getting one soon (used). I am interested in Prius Three or Four, not III or IV, as I am looking for 2012 or 2013 model with milages lower than 45k.

Is there a significant difference between the year 2012 and 2013? If i could save a few hundreds then i would get a 2012 if i am not missing alot on 2013 model.

Please let me know what would you recommend. I drive around 70 miles daily so ita going to be mostly used for driving to work and some city mileage

2. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There are no differences between 2012 and 2013.

3. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd opt for a 2012 in your situation. There's no changes between those two model years, as I think 2012 was when it was refreshed.

As far as trim, the four is nice if you have a garage and want power seats, as the homelink mirror can open your garage, and at night, will dim if the guy behind you decides to drive with their high beams on. The only other major difference is the four has the JBL speaker system, which is a slight improvement from the three's speaker system, but probably not a dealbreaker item.

Honestly though, so long as the prius wasn't in a flood, accident that required extensive structural repairs (check that carfax, and hopefully it was reported), or the previous owner drove with a lead foot at every "traffic light grand prix", it should be fine.