1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius tire and suspension question?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by mike gentry, Jul 6, 2013.

1. mike gentry

mike gentry New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm relatively new to the forums and don't really know what I'm doing. Anyways,I was driving in D.C. today and ran over a curb. I saw the tire pressure warning light come on so I pulled in a parking lot.I found I had a flat tire on my rear driver's side so I put it in park, set the parking brake and changed the tire. So about an hour later I found a tire place and had a new tire put in.When I got in and powered it on,I no longer had the Low tire pressure light on.I read in my manual and it says that I need to go to my dealer to put on new transmitters and calibrate them. Do I still need to take in to my dealer,or have the tire place already put in the old ones? Also, whenever I get in the driver side of the car the rear left suspension gets lower than usual,but it rebound about 3 times.After all,I hit that curb pretty hard.Any info is greatly appreciated.

2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    1. You are good. You only need to go to the dealer if you replace the wheel assembly, or the valve stem assembly, hence the TPMS module.
    2. I discovered today that my driver side is 1/4" lower than the passenger side. Dealer said it is normal. I have read online that it is meant to compensate for crowned roadways in this country.

3. mike gentry

mike gentry New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks,I'm glad it isn't something too bad.

4. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just curious, what is the actual difference in your ride height measurement?

5. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    When you got the flat, the TPMS light was on because it sensed low pressure in that tire. When the tire was replaced and inflated, the TPMS saw that pressure in that tire was back within range, so the light never lit.

You should check the pressure in all four tires, then, once pressure is adjusted to your liking, press and hold the TPMS reset button underneath the steering column until the TPMS light flashes and then goes out. Then release the button.

All of this info is in your Owner's manual.

6. mike gentry

mike gentry New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There isnt much of a ride height difference,the only thing is that the suspension rebounds more on the drivers side rear wheel