1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius tire rotation; jacking location

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by lefat1, Dec 22, 2007.

1. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    where is a good jacking location point to raise both wheels off the ground to rotate front to rear?

2. Bear68

Bear68 Member

Use the standard spots on the side, just behind the front wheel and just before the rear wheel. Look for the two notches in the pinch weld and place the jack stand there. It is completely safe to locate the actual jack a couple inches away in order to allow space for the stands.

SAFETY FIRST!!! ALWAYS USE JANKSTANDS!!!!

3. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    thats cool, but where do i place the jack b4 placing the stands, i used to place a jack midway between wheels, but in the olden days the chasis ran the length of the vehicle
    oh, i reread ur post, i think i got it,,,ie: jack rear, place stand, remove jack, jack front place stand

4. Bear68

Bear68 Member

Yep! You got it!! But actually, provided you don't have a lot of weight in the car, you could get away with jacking in the center of the car under the pinch weld right about where the two doors meet. Prii are light enough that you should have no problem rasing is there. Although I would recommend a block of wood or a rubber pad on the jack to protect against possible scratches that might lead to body rust down the road.