1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius to save the world's resources?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeri, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Jeri

Jeri New Member

I came across a small blurb in a DR's waiting room magazine. According to this ( a list of gas hogs-over consumers) 1/4 of all fuel consumed is used by vehicles going no where. Cars warming up, cars in highway bottlenecks, cars left running while the driver does just a few errands, truckers who must or choose to leave their vehicles running while loading, unloading, or in for dinner, etc. etc. Add to that those recreational vehicles which are horribly wasteful, there goes the fuel resources. Since my Pri shuts down at lights, etc. I feel really good that I'm not consuming part of that 1/4 wasted fuel. Today I coasted into town (downhill) and smiled at the 99mpg, even though I know it isn't anywhere near the whole picture. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing gas reach 10.00 gallon except it would mean government cronies are getting richer.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I would think 1/4 grossly overestimated. Now 1/10 I might believe.

3. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And even when just the electric motor is on, it is still using power the engine generated...so it's not totally perfect if you look at the bigger picture, but still, it's a nice improvement.

Higher gas prices are a win-win for me...I spend less in my Prius, plus, since my dad is an oil executive, the bonus he gets transfers to me a bit. ;)

I should also add that, oil executive or not, my dad's a big, happy, benevolent, do-gooding teddy bear. :mrgreen: