1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius tops 2009 Dependability Rating

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Nevillewc, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Nevillewc

Nevillewc New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Prius tops JD Power 2009 Dependability rating for Compact Cars.

Ratings | J.D. Power

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This looks like JD's so called '3 year' dependability study, where the average age of a car in the study is about two years old. In my mind this is an initial quality study. Dependability is a matter of quality in cars at least five years old, and hopefully closer to 10.

Just my opinion of course, but then I don't switch out cars every three years. Heck, our 1996 Subaru has just entered middle age.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The problem is that the 2006 Prius is a midsized car. Putting it where it belongs, the Toyota Matrix takes the Compact class. The 2006 Buick LaCrosse ties with the Prius. Maybe I'll believe a Buick can stand up to a Toyota for 3 years--if GM had a massive quality overhaul since 2000. No way it'll hold up to a Prius in the longer run. IMO it feels like they moved the competition so GM can claim a win.