1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Town, CA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by johnmaso, Oct 15, 2011.

1. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently took a trip to Santa Cruz, CA. It was not my first time being there, but it was my first time driving the Prius over there. I have never seen so many Prius cars in a small city. It seems that the people here are very "green." A short drive around downtown (14 miles round trip), I saw at least 15 Priuses (about half Gen II and half Gen III), 3 Nissan Leafs (or is Leaves the proper term?:confused:), and a Volt.

I live in the LA / OC area, and I have never seen such a number of Prius from a short span of time / small area. :D I am sure that there are more Priuses in the bigger cities, but the number is much more pronounced here.

Because of the huge number of Prius cars on the road, I was able to Pulse and Glide to my heart's extent! in the 7 miles around down town (divided into 3 shorter trips) I was able to get 80+ MPG. Not bad for a short trip.

In any case, Santa Cruz is an amazing city! Weather is beautiful, the beach is great, and the people are wonderful! I recommend visiting it. It is only about an hour from San Francisco and 30 minutes from San Jose.

Also, I am elated at the total cost of the trip. I payed a total of $75 USD on gas, filling up twice, and was able to go from Los Angeles to Santa Cruz, drive around town, and back to LA (about 800+ miles) with 3/4 of tank still full!

Anyhoo, that is my story about this precious "Prius Town" Hopefully, more cities become more Hybrid friendly!

-Doni:D

Attached Files:

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If the number is small enough to count, I wouldn't call it Prius Town. :D

While I still count Leafs for sport, the number of local Prii became uncountable long ago, even over that limited distance.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Watch out, if too many Prii get together, it creates Smug. :p

4. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have a point. I cannot even count the number of Prii here in the LA/OC area.

I wish that Prii owners give a two-finger salute to each other (just as I do with order motorcyclists when I ride my Ninja) when passing each other. I guess the growing number of Prii would make this impractical. It is cool to imagine it tho:rockon:

5. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    haha:D

6. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I only count green ones. Record is 7 during a 2 hour shopping trip.

Edit: Oops. Make that 8 in the parking lot at a convention of Master Gardeners.

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Is that green as in color? If so, that's impressive. If as in environmental, I see that many on a typical 5-minute trip to my girlfriend's house (and that's not including mine nor her brand new one).

8. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Green color. As for the convention, I think there were more green Gen2s than any color Gen3s. If Toyota wants to sell new replacements for those green Gen2s, they're going to have to bring back green as an available color!