1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius tsr 2004 fuel gauge and nozzle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by rmsmith1977, Jan 30, 2007.

1. rmsmith1977

rmsmith1977 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hi i've posted this in the main forum, thought it might be better suited in this one

just bought an 2004 prius base with 40k miles.. they threw in the extended 100k mile warranty. Comp. is saying i'm avg around 48 mpg but gas gauge goes down quickly, also when i filled up only took 4.4 gallons and tank had 1 bar of gas on it. It seems that the tsr for the meter and fill pipe wasn't fixed when it was under original warranty. My VIN does fall in the range of numbers for the meter and fill pipe according to the tsr i've found (http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5680)
    I'm wondering how much it costs to fix incase the dealer doesn't fix it. I've only had the car 5 days.

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rmsmith1977 @ Jan 30 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]382848[/snapback]</div>
    I wouldn't worry about it. I elected not to get it done to my car after reading the results (or lack therof) on this site. I usually fill up before the last pip starts blinking and it usually takes aroung 6 gallons. You might check with your dealer and see if they will still do it for you. You have to have records showing fillups over a period of time. This was not a recall and was only done wnen a customer complained.

3. rmsmith1977

rmsmith1977 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah I know it's not a reliability issue, and i dont have a problem with it. My wife kinda freaks out when she drives it. I did get it to take alot more gas after the initial shut off last night. it took an additional 3.5 gallons before i finally said ok good enough. thanks for your reply