1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius tsr repair el10-04

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rmsmith1977, Jan 30, 2007.

1. rmsmith1977

rmsmith1977 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    just bought an 2004 prius base with 40k miles.. they threw in the extended 100k mile warranty. Comp. is saying i'm avg around 48 mpg but gas gauge goes down quickly, also when i filled up only took 4.4 gallons and tank had 1 bar of gas on it. It seems that the tsr for the meter and fill pipe wasn't fixed when it was under original warranty. My VIN does fall in the range of numbers for the meter and fill pipe according to the tsr i've found (http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5680)
    I'm wondering how much it costs to fix incase the dealer doesn't fix it. I've only had the car 5 days.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've owned american cars that had recalls done out of warrenty and the warranty paid for it anyway. I'd be really surprised if Toyota doesn't fix it under the warranty. Best is to call your local Toyota dealer and ask.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If they'll do it under warranty then go ahead and have it done, you may get some improvement. But don't spend any money doing it, the change is pretty negligible, you'll learn to get it to take gas from some pumps better than others eventually and you'll adapt to the guage.

4. rmsmith1977

rmsmith1977 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jan 30 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]382935[/snapback]</div>
    thanks to both of ya, i'm going to ask them on thurs. they were more than helpful when we bought my wifes car in dec. and now my car last thursday. Maybe they'll take into account that we've given them $45K in the past 30 days into consideration. I did get it to take about 3.5 gallons after the pump auto shut off. I'll post back on thurs after they tell me what they're gonna do