1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Turns on with Jumpstart but Won't Go Into Ready Mode

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Nathan James Byrd, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Nathan James Byrd

Nathan James Byrd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I have a 2007 Prius and this morning I tried to start it but it would not turn on at all. I could not even unlock the car, it would beep but not unlock. I used the manual key fob to unlock it and then was able to jumpstart it. When I jumped it, the dash lights would turn on but the car itself would not go into ready mode. Also, the car gave me the error message of "There is a problem with the transmission P lock mechanism..." When I disconnected the car from the jump start, it would immediately shut off completely.

Also, the car has 134,000 miles on it, the 12v battery was replaced less than a month ago.

I accidentally left the light switch turned on (even though the lights themselves weren't on) and did not drive the car for a week.

What should I do? Do I just need to leave it attached to the jumper cables for a long time? Please help me!!

Norrrah likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you need to charge the battery. where did you buy it? take it there and see if they can help you out.

if a fully charged battery doesn't help, you will have to read the codes

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. strawbrad

strawbrad http://minnesotahybridbatteries.com

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After the twelve volt battery has been disconnected or has gone dead you need to push the power button twice to start the car. Keep your foot on the brake while pushing the power button twice.

If your car needs more help than this get hold of Matt at Texas Hybrid Batteries.

SFO and m.wynn like this.
  4. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius