1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V 5 prices in Chicago area?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by nzywj9, Dec 3, 2011.

1. nzywj9

nzywj9 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been a sports sedan owner for the last 12 years and have always enjoyed the driving experience. The lease is up on my Infiniti G35x which is a fantastic car and has been fun to drive for the last three years. However, I now need more cargo space for business reasons and I am tired of being gouged by the oil companies at every stop to the gas station.

The v entered the Chicago market in early November. After a couple test drives I was pleasantly surprised at the overall drive and space in the v. In my research to learn more about the car, I found this forum and have appreciated the many nuggets of info to help in my final decision process.

I am ready to make my purchase and have had great difficulty finding a dealer that will sell a v5 without AT for much less than MSRP. I have purchased many new cars over the years and have never paid anything close to MSRP. I don't plan to change that now, but would still like to purchase a v 5 before the end of this month.

Is there anyone out there who is looking or who has made a purchase of a v5 without AT in the Chicago area that can share what they paid and what dealer they purchased it from? Thanks for any insight you can share.

2. 2sk21

2sk21 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For the first time ever, I paid MSRP for my Prius v. I had originally planned to wait until I could negotiate a better price. However, my old Sienna developed some troubles so I was forced to act sooner than I wanted.

From what I am seeing, unless you live in California, you may not have much negotiating power. Toyota seems to be favoring California with respect to Prius v inventory.

I don't know how accurate it is, but from what I saw on this web site: TrueDelta Car Reliability and Gas Mileage Information most of the others buying Prius vs in my area (New Jersey) are paying close to MSRP also.

3. mi2k

mi2k Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You should be able to get it for $29482+$155doc fee+title&tags+tax from Elgin Toyota (who advertises it) or someone else who would match it, especially towards the end of December.

4. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Try the AAA car buying service. You configure the car you want and it provides sticker, dealer invoice, and YOUR price right away. The final step gives you the names of the dealers who promise to stand by the price bid. It's free to AAA members and the savings on this single transaction more than cover the cost of membership. www.aaa.com

5. skang5

skang5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    i purchased my prius v five with adv package for$1300below msrp plus free bumper applique and all season mat. i had tradein that was valued 26000 under kbb and dealer offered $28000 plus 3.5% financing i bought from the one on touhy ave but i wont name who that is. overall i think i did well and i had a pleasant experience with them if you pm me i will tell u who my salesperson was