1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v dimensions

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Bob259, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any one know when the interior dimensions and specs for the new Prius V will be available. Trying to compare them to the Lexus CT200H.

2. marzprius

marzprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    They are very different cars.

Prius will be least expensive and best fuel mileage.

the lex ct200 improves the handling, seats, and interior for some more money. It gets worse mileage, but some have guessed that hyper milers won't really lose much

The prius v should handle worse than the prius, gets worse mileage, but can carry more.

If you need more room for stuff its the v. If you are ok with less, but want a nicer car the lex. For many the normal prius will be just fine. If all were available when I bought mine I would have sprung for the lex.

5. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Based on what assumptions?

6. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
  7. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Personally, I would have sprung for the Lexus based on interior noise levels. Even though I haven't driven one yet, I am assuming the extra 100# has to do with sound insulation. I like my regular Prius, but the road noise is a little much.

8. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I'm shopping for a car sometime this year and I am interested in the following cars:
    CT200h
    Prius v
    Prius IV (w/sunroof pkg)

The Prius PHV would have been in the running except for the release date. No way am I waiting until 2013 for a new car.

So far based on economy and value for the price the Prius IV is the front runner. The CT200h is probably a really close second choice because of certain attractions like better handling and ride. And much to my wife's chagrin, the CT200h comes in yellow. The CT200h does have some drawbacks like it being shorter means less leg room in front and of course less cargo room even though it is a hatchback. The CT200h is much shorter than the Prius v, about 11.5 inches shorter, and a little less wide. Being they have the same engine and drive train I highly doubt the CT200h will be more expensive than a similarly equipped Prius v. The CT200h I priced out with options was only slightly more, about $1500, than a Prius V (as in 5) with the Tech package.

As far as the Prius v, damn that thing must be like a hybrid Venza its so big. At only 42mpg it must weight close to 3400 lbs! With a 109+ wheelbase it must be better riding than even the CT200h. Now if they would make an AWD version, that would be sweet as well as get slightly better pickup. Right now the Prius v has some pretty tough competition just within Toyota: a 4 cylinder Venza on one side which is much larger (but surprisingly has a smaller cargo area) and gets a respectable 27mpg and the Lexus CT200h.

9. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, the peeing and moaning about the Prius v "only" getting 40 or 42 MPG (not sure which) combined is really a crackup.

IF you have a car that is almost 6" longer, 1.2" wider, taller and does not have the Kammback shape nor the same low Cg as regular Prius, and weighs possibly 300 lbs more, guess what? ...........

the fuel economy will be substantially lower. "42 MPG average, that's just terrible, I mean, even a Mazda 5 averages 24 MPG's, that's almost like 42 MPG, right? .... "

The Prius v will attract a lot of new buyers. Many are looking for something larger - know why? More heft around their precious little ones. That's right, big factor in family decision.

Prius v as big as a Venza? No. Prius v 7" shorter, 5" narrower and likely 450 lbs lighter. And 42 MPG vs. 25 MPG, big difference like 5 cents per mile every mile difference.

10. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This seems like a pretty good move for Toyota. From one line they can make a large Prius, a regular Prius, a compact Prius and a Plug-in Prius. They do this already with the Camry line in Kentucky where they make the Avalon, Camry, Solara, and Venza without major switching (on the so-called K platform). Now they can switch from one platform to the next without over-producing one particular model in case sales falls flat.

I'll just have to test drive the Prius v, to see if it does ride as well as I think it will. It still is one of my top 3 choices, although late summer might push me out of the market. But for a car that size to still get 42mpg in the city, not bad. I'll have to see what type of price tag they put on it. And if they put a nice size gas tank to extend the range they'll have a winner.

11. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We'll see how much people are diggin' the 11.5 second 0 to 60 MPH if that's accurate....

but it's down in Chevrolet Aveo / Honda Insight II territory according to Consumer Reports.

12. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :rolleyes: Yeah there's that. It won't affect me where I live but somebody in the city who frequents on and off ramps for daily commutes would be looking elsewhere. As I said, an AWD version with an extra motor in the back, a la Highlander or RX450h AWD would help. It shaves off 4/10s of a second of a 4700lb vehicle. Of course that'll still be around 11 seconds.

13. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I personally feel that my Gen II provides enough protection for my little ones and that is not a concern of mine. I am interested in the v because of the extra cargo room. My little one uses an adaptive stroller, think wheelchair for children, and that sucka takes up all of the "trunk" space in our Gen II.