1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v drops out of Eco mode

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by desmondlee, Jun 20, 2014.

1. desmondlee

desmondlee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    this has happened twice with my car - first time was end of Feb 2014 and just a few weeks ago.

A few weeks ago, the car shook a little bit and when I barely touched the gas pedal the car seemed jumpy

and surge like. Then I looked at the dash board and the car was no longer in the Eco mode.

Has this happened to anybody else?

The first time this happened, I did not notice anything other than the Eco light was not on anymore.

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Most likely you bumped the button without knowing. If it keeps happening you can have the dealer check for error codes.

3. desmondlee

desmondlee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I know for sure I did not bump anything on the second time.

4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    do you mean the little eco light near the hsd mpg gauge or the larger square ECO light that comes on when you press the ECO button ?

5. desmondlee

desmondlee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    the larger one when I press the ECO button - upper right hand corner of dashboard

6. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Once you press the Eco button the car will stay in Eco mode until you press it again, even if you turn the car off, so it's got to be a fault with the button, a poor connection maybe. It's very unlikely you accidently bumped the button as it's recessed into the console.