1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Five (stock) vs. Prius Four (moonroof package)

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Nutmac, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Nutmac

Nutmac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    First of all, I read "Why did you buy a v and not a Prius Liftback?" and aware of v's advantages (space, higher seating position, better interior, better ride) and disadvantages (about 10% worse mileage in real life, more expensive fully loaded).

I am contemplating between Prius v Five without any packages ($29,500) and Prius Four with deluxe solar roof package ($30,000).

I had originally thought about getting Advanced Technology Package for v ($5000), particularly for better navigation and advanced parking guidance system, but nixed the decision after discovering moonroof's limitations (does not tilt nor slide open).

My household is a family of 4 (2 children aged 1 and 4, so there will be a convertible car seat and booster seat on the rear) and my wife drives 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L with navigation. Prius/Prius v will be used for daily commute, dropping kids off at daycare in the morning, and occasional weekend use (about twice a month). So we can get by not having the roomiest of cargo space. I am also a bit bothered by the fact that liftback is due for redesign in a couple of years.

Which do you recommend and why?

2. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

if you need the extra room get the v, if you don't get the other

3. 2013-Prius v

2013-Prius v 2013 Prius v 5

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five