1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V Instrument cluster left turn indicator, parking brake, check engine lights are not coming on

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by ZeroM8, Jun 4, 2021.

1. ZeroM8

ZeroM8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi all, my left turn indicator, parking brake, and check engine light, among others does not come up on the combination meter, or instrument cluster, or multi indicator display on gen 3. I am tempted to open the dash and check it myself, but would like to know if anybody had a similar experience, or if anybody would like to share and give me some info on how to tackle this issue, specifically if it is a busted light and how easy are they to replace, or do I need to replace the entire display itself, i.e. the lights are not fixable individually, should I replace the entire cluster from a used one (ebay?), or anybody here that can recommend where to find one or get one re-programmed.

This is a high mileage 2012 Prius V that I recently bought, had a few issues with it as well unrelated to this issue. My apologies if there was a similar post to this but I've searched for the last few days now and had not found one.

I may be able to tackle this on a good day, i.e. when the body doesn't hurt so bad. Thanks in advance.

#1 ZeroM8, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I haven't seen this come up but maybe somebody else will sign-in.
    But it might be a 12 volt battery issue.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If it starts and runs, the 12v is probably OK.

#3 Air_Boss, Jun 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  4. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Here is a thread that tells you how to check your 12 volt battery voltage via the "Multi-Function Display" (aka MFD). It is an quick way to eliminate the 12 volt battery as a problem.