1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v (lowercaes v) Phone (SMS) not Syncing with Entune

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Madrock, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Madrock

Madrock New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello All,

I just got a 2015 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) Wagon last week and when my phone (OnePlus X) connects via bluetooth it will not download any SMS messages. If i press the voice button on the steering wheel it will allow me to send out one of those pre-scripted messages.

A few days ago while sitting in the driveway 3 messages downloaded (the one and only time) and I thought maybe because my phone was still connected to wifi that that was the reason, however when I tried to connect again it gave the message (unable to download messages).

I am at a loss as to why it never connects to SMS but then connects briefly once (like 2 minutes) and then disconnected and unable to download messages.

Any assistance/input/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When you say "unable to download messages" do you mean from operator to the phone? Or from the operator via the phone to the head unit? Does the head unit do "Text to Voice" on the SMS? Can you reply via "Voice to Text" as a response?

3. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    id be interested in this one. having same problem on mine.

4. Madrock

Madrock New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the response.

I should clarify as well. I get absolutely no SMS to the car whatsoever with the exception of the blip I mentioned above; the only thing I will get is a notification sound (due to the phone being connected via bluetooth) if i have the sound enabled on my phone. In regards to "unable to download messages"; from phone to head unit.

I am able to sent voice to text but only using the pre-installed scripts that are within the "head unit". I again however do not whatsoever get any messages to the head unit.

as a side note, I thought maybe it was because my phone was connected to my moto360, but when I disconnected the watch, the same issue happens.

I can provide a screenshot if needed.

thanks