1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v (lowercase v) maintenance schedule - what really needed and do you follow schedule?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wstt, May 20, 2015.

1. wstt

wstt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2012 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) and it seems dealers just have generic maintenance schedules that partially don't even apply to a Prius. Do you follow all the service intervals and / or do everything in your dealers schedule?
    What are the required things?
    (I read somewhere that with a Prius, all you Basically need to do is change the synthetic oil every 10k miles. ) I noticed once somewhere Toyota or the dealer said bring it in every 5k miles with oil changing every 10k, but the non oil change intervals had looked like they were useless services.
    What are the minimum services? And which are the most important intervals?

2. wstt

wstt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've also been searching online and can't find Toyotas service manuals available. The Toyota owner site doesn't show the available for a 2012 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon). If anyone has a link, please post it.

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    For some reason the online manuals are not available from the toyota site right now. Ignore what the dealer says you need and stick with the maintenance manual. If you have to, order one from the dealer.

The 5K service is mainly tire rotation, fluids and inspection. Oil is changed if anything other than 0-20 full synthetic was used previously.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You need the Scheduled Maintenance Guide, not the owners manual.

See attached pdf and note that the early maintenance intervals are toward the end. It is intended to be printed as a booklet. "Replace engine/inverter coolant" at 100k as shown in this screen capture:

100thousand.jpg t is

Attached Files:

#4 rjparker, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015