1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v October 17 delivery

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Mike James, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Mike James

Mike James Camaros and Prii go figure

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Dealer called this morning, said my Prius V would be delivered October 17th.:D

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Zanrok

Zanrok Casual Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    wooo

out of curiosity are u paying msrp for it?

4. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Mike, make sure he didn't mean your boat date is 10/17.
    The V's are slated for release on 10/24 and it's quite possible that I can look your car up online internally with a little info and tell you the car's progress to your NE railyard or dealership. I think NE cars come out of the Portland PORT...

PM me your model and dealer's name and the car's color?

5. Mike James

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks Dianne,

Performance Toyota of Lincoln. It is a Five gray on gray.

6. Mike James

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Unfortunately more than MSRP when you add in the $279 dealer doc fee. I checked around what other local dealers had for doc fees. They all had them, $149-$299. Didn’t push the out of town dealers for hard pricing, I could see paying sticker for a fresh model. I am not very happy about paying the stupid doc fees though. Couple of years ago I ordered one of the first 2010 Camaros. We have two Chevy dealers in town, one wanted $5k over sticker plus docs fees, the other gave me a $1100 discount and no doc fees, go figure.

7. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have 14 Prius v wagons sitting at port right now.
    Sitting.
    I'm hoping they decide to release early... because they need to get here ASAP, as many are pre-sold! Come on Toyota, let's roll 'em out!!

The SIZZLE! Let the sizzle begin! :D

9. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  10. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  11. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    1 person likes this.
  12. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Sooooo October 17th's come and gone.
    I suspect no v wagon in his driveway yet.... mainly because the national and regional official intro dates for wagons is Oct 24th.

:rolleyes: wish they would just bring them out already. The suspense is killin' us!!

1 person likes this.
  13. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My local sales thought they were coming next February. Was surprised that other dealers were showing them as in stock with VIN's. (but maybe not on the lot yet). After a phone call he told me they have at least 1 V allocation in F status but he didn't look to sure about what he was saying. I know that means it's at the port like all the others waiting for a truck to bring it here hopefully next week. Mystery V looking vehicle on the lot last week is still a mystery. (Seen for a distance)

14. hibou

hibou New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The situation is no better here in Washington DC. When I ask around about the v dealers are acting like I am asking them about a rare concept car that doesn't really exist lol. We shall see.

15. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Concept

Why, it IS a rare concept car. I made it all up - and photoshopped the entire thing... I took the back end of a Corolla 1987 station wagon and smoothed it right into the Prius photos with ease. :D

Wait till you see the Prius convertible!!

16. BigFan

BigFan Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Re: Concept

Yes, I have found dealers in Northern NJ rather poorly informed on the Prius v (at least the sales people I have spoken with). One told me the other day that they would not be available until January! (I questioned the guy and he later stated he was wrong). Nevertheless with the national release date being next week they are finally getting better informed.

I just placed a deposit on a Build 3 (Clear Sky Metallic - i.e., light blue, Bisque interior). This dealer apparently just received their allocations with VIN numbers today.

It seems most dealers are are getting Build 3 and 5s around here.

I have not bought a new car in a while. It is interesting to see how dealers are trying to improve their profit margin be adding on outrageously priced dealer add-ons to all vehicles (e.g., Etched Glass option and "Appearance Package" totally over $1200) Fortunately we asked about all the charges in advanced, the dealer honestly provided them, and has agreed not to prep the car with those costly additions we have no interest in .

--Rob

p.s. Dealer "Appearance Package" = pinstripe, wheel well guards and door edge guards all for only $895! Dealer Window Etching (VIN on window) for only $350! Buyer Beware. I recognize these items are often negotiable, but if you get to the dealer before the vehicle arrives on their lot you can potentially completely avoid these cost by insisting they do not add them when the vehicle arrives. A (often) refundable deposit may be required to hold your vehicle.

17. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Monday?

I think my first load of wagons will arrive Monday. OoOOO exciting!
    If they do start to arrive Monday, I hope to get all 12 we have in freight status!

:D

1 person likes this.
  18. Clever Moniker

Clever Moniker New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Concept

It would appear the same in my neck of the woods per the dealer I've been talking to.

19. pvogel

pvogel '05 Five & '12 v

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It *is* a concept car. Tried to pre-load the insurance (USAA) set up for "mine" yesterday so that when I go to pick it up all I have to do is press a button on the web and it's insured. Typed in the VIN, got told "invalid VIN", OK, try to select the model, etc. No such thing as a 2012 Prius "v" in the database.

Called USAA, they checked the VIN in an external database and said "Wow, I've never heard of a Prius "v" before" -- So I get the distinction of being the first Prius "v" in the USAA insurance system.

For those wondering, the v is officially categorized as a "crossover wagon" and the rates on it are pretty nice.

Peter+

20. Mike James

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Dianne, you rock! Thanks for working those long hours and keeping us informed. Hoping for 10/24 delivery.

Pvogel, yes I called my insurance the other day they said the 2012's were not in their system either, they just asked me what MSRP was then quoted me $268 for 6 months. :)

Mike

Note: it took me a few days to reply to this thread due to my laptop being in the repair shop for malware and virus problems. I am using my Wife’s PC today. When I loaded priuschat.com on her PC a couple of anti-malware alarms went off. Her laptop has anti-virus software, mine did not. So caution to priuschat.com users, make sure you have anti-virus software on your computer.

1 person likes this.