1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v or 2011 Four?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by adamsmom, Sep 13, 2011.

1. adamsmom

adamsmom New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am a Home Care Nurse and carry around alot of supplies. I now have a 2005 Prius with 100K on it. Was offered $28,970 for a 2011 Prius IV with Nav. Wondering what the new 2012 with nav is going to cost. Anyone know?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Prius v or 2011 IV

So... why are you asking about the Prius v then?? Do you mean the Prius Five vs. the Prius Four w/ Nav?

For 2012, there will be an Entune system with nav as well as a premium harddrive-based nav system as well. From experience, the harddrive based nav is very expensive. The basic nav will be quite affordable, however. No prices have been released yet on the 2012 models.

3. JeffHastings

JeffHastings Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

This is an example of how Toyota's confusing nomenclature for the Prius V is causing confusion among potential buyers. They really should have chosen a different name for this new model to avoid questions like this. Oh, well...

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A

Agreed - but it's partially why the 2011 would be called the Prius Five, not the Prius V.

5. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium

I'm sorry Toyota Corporate but this was the stupidest name choice EVER. I cannot tell you the confusion I'm experiencing just trying to determine which $*&^*#@ model folks want to start with,:rant:
    Online, they get pricing for the V as in Prius FIVE and the confusion starts there.

Call it what it is - a WAGON! PERIOD! A W!