1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V P0A94 (Inverter Performance Issue)

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sankar, May 17, 2024.

1. Sankar

Sankar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    My Japanese import Prius Alpha (ZVW40) is showing P0A94 and Toyota NZ says it won't accept Warranty extension program for this as it is imported car.

Current Symptoms: Car not starting/change to D or R and all warning lights on. If I reset the battery, I can drive with few warnings and driving in limp mode. HV battery is getting charged when driving, but can not drive in EV mode (also EV, PWR or ECO buttons aren't working).

I have few questions, before trying to get the inverter replaced.
    1. Any mobile app can give secondary IMF code?

2. 12V battery was less than 12V to start with and after charging, it is just above 12V and the battery is 5 years old. Is it still a problem? (One of the app was reported that the battery voltage seen by the ECU is 11.8V)

3. Will the HV battery get charged, when the inverter is faulty?

4. If the inverter to be replaced, can any inverter from Gen 3 prius will fit?

Thank you

2. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, Autel AP200 can read the INF detail codes. See this thread: https://priuschat.com/index.php?posts/3290690

I am guessing that the HV battery will still get charged. The P0A94 trouble code is for the DC/DC Converter Performance, so my guess is that the 12v battery will not get charged.

#2 Brian1954, May 17, 2024
    Last edited: May 17, 2024