1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v - Rear Reflector LED lights - STAY AWAY from Share-Style

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by natsmada, Mar 23, 2018.

1. natsmada

natsmada Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I purchased a pair of LED lights (that replace the rear reflectors) from " [email protected] " on September 16, 2017 and promptly installed them. They sure looked great and really added to the visibility of my Prius v. Imagine my surprise when after only 4 months, several of the individual LEDs were burned out. I went to shop.rakuten's website and discovered that the lights had a manufacturer's warranty of one year. I contacted the vendor excited about the prospect of receiving new replacements only to receive the following email response from them:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm sorry.

This item will be out of compliance because it is guaranteed for 1 month after delivery.

I'm sorry but thanking you in advance for your understanding.

------------------------------
    --
    〒818-0122
     福岡県太宰府市高雄1丁目3668-10
     SHARE×STYLE ㈱シェアスタイル
     TEL 092-555-3451
    担当:皆越 祐喜
    mail:[email protected]
    URL :http://www.rakuten.co.jp/share-style/
    ]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Left rear LED - several burned out LEDs.jpg Right rear LED - bottom LEDs burned out.jpg

I just wanted to let the Prius Chat forum know about this shady vendor and to STAY AWAY from them at all costs! I am not thrilled at the prospect of having to remove these faulty pieces of junk and reinstalling the OEM reflectors. Oh well, live and learn (the hard way). Not a happy consumer...

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Ours are working as designed three years into their life.

The concept of 'QC' is 'buyer rolls the dice' with some manufacturers, made more difficult by the cost of returning the item to a remote vendor.