1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Roof Systems

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by GRAVEWIG, Dec 23, 2014.

1. GRAVEWIG

GRAVEWIG New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hello everyone,
    I just purchased a 2012 Prius v and am interested in installing a roof rack and cargo box system, anyone have experience in this? I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find what I am looking for. Basically I want an economical roof rack, I can figure out the details for storage box from there. Any help is great, and thanks in advance

VVW aka Gravewig

2. rolling

rolling Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    ive always run yakima racks on my cars. Their customer service is top notch. i just put on a yakima rack with their skybox 16 on my prius v. fits great. i was suprised how quiet the skybox was on top of my car. not much more noise than the rack itself. mpg drop wasnt too bad. havnt do e enought driving to validate that though.

iPhone ?

3. Kathryn Standing

Kathryn Standing New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm glad you have written this because that is exactly my question. I see below that perhaps a Yakima roof rack may work. I find it frustrating that Toyota says that there is no roof rack for the Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon).

4. Kathryn Standing

Kathryn Standing New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    How do you attach it to the car without any bars?

5. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have a Yakama system and like it very much. I use it for skis and my sea kayak.

6. vagoneer

vagoneer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Has anyone installed the Thule Force XXL on the Prius v (wagon) - e.g. can the hatch door be opened completely, without bumping into the box? Any pictures would be appreciated!

(etraler has installed Thule Force XXL on a Gen III Prius and has posted a video - it seems as if it should fit the v (wagon) even better given hatch door design).