1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRIUS v Test Drive Evaluation Campaign 10-21-11

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by HAWAIIANBUILT, Nov 8, 2011.

1. HAWAIIANBUILT

HAWAIIANBUILT Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    HEY PRIUS CHAT FOLKS !!!

:):):):)

I would personally like to thank Eric G. and Mike P. from Toyota Motor Corporation - Marketing Division for allowing me to take part in a Prius v Test Drive Evaluation Campaign.

[​IMG]

I had the opportunity to experience the Prius v during October 21, 2011.

The Prius v that I was fortunate to be paired with was a Prototype Prius v. Some of the features, materials, accessories, and functions featured on the vehicle may/may not be standard in the final production Prius v.

The Prius v is an outstanding vehicle in my opinion. For a starter family it is a perfect size that accommodates.

The longer wheelbase and the higher roof-line as compared to the 3rd Generation Prius helps to add more room for versatility and comfort.

The amenities as well helps to keep the driver and passengers informed as well as entertained. The Prius v that I was paired with featured the Toyota Entune. As stated directly from the Toyota website :

"Entuneâ„¢ is a revolutionary in-car technology that keeps you and your Toyota connected. Featuring a collection of popular mobile apps and data services, the available Entuneâ„¢ system allows you to access a wide variety of personalized content and services - all from the comfort of your Toyota vehicle."

For more information on the Toyota Entune please visit :

Connect with your Toyota

The Prius v is slightly heavier than the 3rd Generation Prius, and because of this the MPGs are slightly lower hovering around 40mpg. Particularly I enjoyed the heated front seats in this particular model of the Prius v. This was very relaxing during my road trip with the Prius v.

Overall I am very satisfied with the Prius v. Being an owner of a 3rd Generation Prius there are many similarities and differences between the two so transferring over to the Prius v was easy. The comfort and handling of the Prius v is outstanding. I did enjoy the instrument cluster as everything was clear, visible, and organized.

I did miss however, the Touch Trace Technology as featured on the 3rd Generation Prius, however there are other features that helped make up for that.

The design of the vehicle is what I enjoyed the most. Again there are many similarities and differences between the 2 vehicles. I did get many comments while on the road and at the gas station about the design. The front fascia shares some characteristics, in my opinion, like the Lexus RX series.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the Prius v. From the Interior to the Exterior I was impressed with the ergonomics and style.

Here are pictures taken during my experience.

Pickup at Toyota US Headquarters in Torrance, CA.

[​IMG]

The Blizzard Pearl White Prius v awaiting delivery !!!

[​IMG]

And finally arrived at home !!!

[​IMG]

The vehicle was already immaculate, however in order to get my hands on for the first time and to get acquainted with the design and lines I decided to wash the Prius v !!!

[​IMG]

After it was time to do some comparisons with my 3rd Generation Prius

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a closer look at the Prius v.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then final drop off back at the Toyota US Headquarters

[​IMG]

Again many thanks to Erica G. and Mike P. for allowing me to take part in this Prius v Test Drive Campaign Evaluation.

[​IMG]

Again, because this was a Prototype Prius v, some of the features, materials, accessories, and functions featured on this particular vehicle may/may not be standard in the final production Prius v now available today !!!

I would only trade my Prius for another Prius !!!

Rodney

1 person likes this.
  2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're 3rd gen looks ready for a racetrack! Wow that sits low!

I must say the Prius v is the best looking wagon I've ever seen!

3. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    We picked up a new Prius V last weekend and I really like it so far :)

---
    I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.824669,-117.124909"]Google Maps[/ame]

4. Mike James

Mike James Camaros and Prii go figure

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you for sharing your experience, very cool and exciting!
    And there is another wrapped steering wheel on a v. Dear Toyota, please discipline the bean counter who cut the wrapped steering wheel out of the budget yet somehow found the money to put in the artificial noise maker and annoyingly dangerous in-cabin backup beeper.

5. HAWAIIANBUILT

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Thanks CYCLEDRUM !!!

My 3rd Gen is on an Air Suspension system from Air Runner :

(Air Runner Systems Air Suspension)

I do enjoy taking it to shows around town here in So Cal !!!

I would really like to own a Prius v next year, it's also think it's a wonderful looking wagon !!!

Very true to it's name as being Versatile !!!

Rodney

6. HAWAIIANBUILT

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello AVIATOR_GUY !!!

Congratulations on your new Prius v !!!

It's an amazing new addition to the Prius Family !!!

What would you say is your most favorite feature/benefit of the Prius v ??!!

Rodney

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for sharing!

Wow, your HB Prius does look lower than I last saw lol.

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good representing for the Prius! I think it's great that you take it to shows. :)

If you get the v, I'm guessing you'd have it tricked out :)

9. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I think the best thing about the new Prius is the extra space. I’m 6’1 and I can lay down with the back seats down and the hatch down!! The mileage is a lot better than I thought it would be too. So far, I’ve been getting 44-48mpg around town which is about the same I was getting with my old 2008 Prius. The car has a lot more power and the visibility is quite a bit better too. The leather seats seem more comfortable too, but I haven’t taken it out for a long distance trip yet. :):)