1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Test Drives?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by mmcdonal, Apr 23, 2011.

1. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    First of all, why is the spell checker telling me that I am misspelling "Prius?"

Anyway, has anyone driven a v yet? If so, how does the ride compare to the regular Prii? I would think the longer and wider stance would make it feel more solid, and perhaps the taller rims might improve squireliness (why was that misspelled, too?)

Most importantly, how was the road noise? Is there an effort with this model to keep noise down for the family, or are they going with the old Ford Aerostar buzz chamber (I used to call them "Aeroflots." You're probably too young.)

I wanted to see about moving to a larger car if the noise is less, and it doesn't look too much like a mini-van - or have that cache. I think I could keep the mileage near 50mpg.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think for now the car is being taken around to 'meet and greets' where people can see, look and touch it but not take it around for a spin.

1 person likes this.
  3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, so far, AFAIK, there haven't been any Prius v test drives allowed at the "meet and greet" events. :/

Only test drives that I'd heard of were for the JDM Prius+ on a small closed track in Japan (possibly at the Toyota Mega Web). It looked like it was a press only event.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It did look like Mega Web's test track. Probably the best place since it's a closed track without having to take the Japanese media to a rented track.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here is Inside Line's impression:

1 person likes this.
  6. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks usbseawolf2000, it looks like it handles better, and feels more stable. I will have to test drive, of course. I was also interested in the noise in the new model. That will probably require a dealer test drive when they are available.

Having adult "children", the space in the back seat of the Gen III is less than what I need, so this upgrade looks like a done deal, despite the lower mileage. Now it is a waiting game...