1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v Two Price in Florida

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by CharlieGulf, Jan 5, 2012.

1. CharlieGulf

CharlieGulf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hello all. Let me start of by thanking everyone here at PriusChat for the great information and discussion that goes on here. I’ve been lurking off and on since the Gen II Prius came out, and have learned a lot from this site and its members. Thank you!

I just test drove a Prius v wagon and really liked it. I went over some prices with the dealer, and plan to return soon for further negotiation. Since the Prius v is fairly new, I don’t have a good feel for the pricing, especially in my region. I’d love some input on the price I should pay. This is a Prius v Two (Silver Metallic/Misty Gray) in Florida. So far they’ve brought the price down to $31,672 out the door ($28,800 + $699 “dealer fee†+ $2,173 tax, title, etc.) This includes Toyoguard Elite, 4 carpeted floormats, nitrogen filled tires, window tint, mud guards, and rear bumper applique. No other packages or nav system, as I don’t want to shell out anymore for those. Really wish it didn’t have the Toyoguard on there, as that seems like a waste of $699, since I have AAA, and the coatings aren’t worth much. However, I am told this is put on by Southeast Toyota, and the dealer can’t do anything about it. Any input appreciated. I’d really like to know how this price compares to other purchases in Florida, or the Southeast.

Thanks,
    CharlieGulf

2. h00ktern

h00ktern Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got stuck w/ the ToyoGuard Elite also... the one semi-good thing is the VIN etching of all the glass - I'm not so sure about the VIN appliques on the body panels.

It's all robbing Peter to pay Paul, but you can try having the charge for it "removed" - I did so (at least you may not get hit for the full mark-up.) Maybe it'll have some resale, or selling point value in the future...

Good luck in any event.

btw, I went for the 2... $25,100 otd (S FL metro). I wasn't really getting anywhere with the time I alloted.

3. gtmv

gtmv New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm in South Florida and I have it down to $22.9k for a Prius ii. I have to add tax and tag/title fees, but no dealer fees. Is that a good deal?