1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v - windscreen air only (not windscreen + feet)

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Zelek Uther, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Zelek Uther

Zelek Uther New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I took a Prius v for a test drive on the weekend, my first time in a v, also first time in a modern Prius. I have previously driven a NHW11 (we call them "Generation Two" in New Zealand, since we also have the NHW10 model which we call "Generation One" - they look the same as Gen 2 except the Gen 1 has wide black plastic strips around the front and rear bumper).

I noticed that when operating the air control, I could direct the air to windscreen + feet, but not windscreen only. Am I doing something wrong? How can I get the air to just the windscreen?

In New Zealand the Prius v version that we get is the 7 seater with Lithium-Ion battery pack, but I assume the interior controls are all the same.

Thanks in advance.

2. Lee Bridges

Lee Bridges Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Put system in "defrost" mode would be my guess - haven't actually tried, but it does result in the A/C running as well (if you wanted only airflow).

3. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a US Gen 3 hatchback. You cannot put air on the windshield without putting it into defrost, which also turns on the A/C. You also cannot put air just on the windshield...it also puts air to your feet.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That's the way it is on our 2010 as well. ;(

5. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Hi we have the same 7 seater, with the Li-Ion battery, called the Prius Plus here in the UK, and AFAIK there is no option for windscreen only.
    You can press the "FRONT" demist button which gives windscreen and face vents (not shown on the display) then close the face vents to get the desired effect.