1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius VS. raccoon at 70MPH. Recalibration needed?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sevykor, Jul 16, 2018.

1. sevykor

sevykor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Still waiting for final price tag of repairs. Bumper cover, grill, active shutter, condenser, reinforcing bar all gone. Radar behind Toyota logo needs replacing too. Will the replaced/re-used sensors need to be recalibrated at the dealer? I am sure the bumper sensors can be re-used. The radar behind the radar had clips break, so needs to be replaced. Body shop will have the car ready Wednesday. Worries that the radar system will need calibration at the dealer.

iPhone ?

2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When I had my bumper cover replaced the body shop had to send the car to the dealer to get the calibration done.

3. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Recalibration should also be taken care of before handing the car off to you.

4. sevykor

sevykor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Spoke with body shop today, and they will be taking it to dealer for calibration. Even from a liability standpoint, it only makes sense that the functions are in good working order before signing off on the car. Thank you for your help!!! I was able to have it taken care of just in time before I picked up the car in the morning.

RCO likes this.
  5. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The millimeter wave radar sensor assembly will need to be adjusted, but not necessarily at a Toyota dealer. Dealers are required to have the necessary diagnostic system and special service tools, but the same system and tools are for sale to anyone: an independent repair shop, a collision repair shop, or even a skilled and interested home mechanic could do the job.

See posts #14 and #17 in this thread: Visual differences between radar emblem and standard? | PriusChat

RCO likes this.