1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius w/o Keys

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Joevue, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Joevue

Joevue New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi new owner of a Prius here. I currently purchased a 07 Prius at a auto auction without any keys. Little did I know how hard it would be to program a new key I would have thought twice about purchasing this car. Well my current situation is that I'm having issue's obtaining a pass code in the techstream. I'm using weboctopus.nl and apparently it's stating that my vin does not match the seed that was provided and so on an so forth. Tried contacting the weboctopus company regarding the situation with no response. Now I'm stuck and my considered just taking this car to the dealer and pay the hefty price or maybe just sell it and try to get my money back for it. For what it's worth though my wife and daughter who is 1 loves it. It's her personal playground. Well any help and suggestions would do.

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Replacing control units and using the key programmed into them DISCOUNTED INSURANCE SALVAGE Or maybe you can somehow get the seed proses done?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! where did you get the fob? is it new or used? is it black or silver?