1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Warranty Portability?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Nicole, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Nicole

Nicole New Member

If I buy a used 2007 prius will the warranty automatically go to me

2. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes. I believe the new car warranty from most (if not all) car company is transferrable. However, it would be important to obtain original owners' maintanence records if possible. The dealer can find the initial purchase date (thru their computer and VIN) and the mileage to determine the eligibility of your vehicle for warranty service.

3. Nicole

Nicole New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ceric @ Feb 27 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]397564[/snapback]</div>

Since it only has 1500 miles it probably doesn't have any maintenance. I'll check with the private owner tomorrow night before I purchase it. I checked carfax -- all looks good. Do I have to tell "Toyota" that I will now own the car -- So I need to send anything in to the Company?

With 1500 miles, not sure its had any maintenance. Carfax looks good. Do I need to tell the "company" that I (will) own the car so that the Warranty is mine?

4. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicole @ Feb 27 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]397568[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm... not sure about how to let them know about you owning the car.
    I hope you're getting a good enough deal to make up for not having the $1575 tax credit or the low low financing right now. Have you looked into getting a brand new one? Dealers are cutting prices right now...
    Keep us updated and good luck!

5. Nicole

Nicole New Member

A local dealer said the Prius was 29,000. I'm getting this one for $24,000, with package 1, leather seats throughout

Package #1 -- includes AM/FM CD with six speakers, auxiliary audio jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, Smart Key System [2], backup camera [3], and High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and integrated fog lamps [9]

Think its a good price?

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicole @ Feb 27 2007, 05:59 PM) [snapback]397568[/snapback]</div>
    There is a pre-addressed change of ownership notification postcard on the inside of the back cover of the warranty information booklet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicole @ Feb 27 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]397576[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds high for a package 1, leather or not. Does it include tax and license?

7. razzledazzlebee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicole @ Feb 27 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]397576[/snapback]</div>
    I just got my Package 2 for $23,234 +tax, license... Package 2 is $1000 more than package 1 typically.
    $29,000 sounds extremely high for a package 1! Have you done internet shopping? Email multiple dealers, tell them what you're looking for, and ask them for their best price. Then, you can print up the quotes and take them into the dealership you like the best. With the overstock of Prii due to Toyota producing a lot right now, you should be able to get one below $23k brand new. Add the $1575 credit you'll get next year, as well as the no hassle of getting the warranty, and you'd be doing well for yourself. Also, Toyota is having 4.9% financing for 5 years, 3.9% for 4 years, 2.9% for 3 years, and 0% for 2 years. These are excellent financing specials.

Also, leather seats are not an option for package 1, unless they did it after market. Leather trimmed seats are only available with Package 6 on both regular & Touring editions. The headlights are standard on the Touring edition, but not the regular Prius. Have you seen the car in person? I'm skeptical about the leather seats & the HID.

Regular Prius: Package #1 -- includes AM/FM CD with six speakers, auxiliary audio jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, Smart Key System [2] and backup camera [3]

Touring Prius: Package #1 -- includes AM/FM CD with six speakers, auxiliary audio jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, Smart Key System [2], backup camera [3], and High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and integrated fog lamps [9]

Please keep us updated. :)

8. Nicole

Nicole New Member

I made a mistake -- I meant THIS package 1 for the hatchback

Regular Prius: Package #1 -- includes AM/FM CD with six speakers, auxiliary audio jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, Smart Key System [2] and backup camera [3]

The car is a used 2007, selling for 24,000, includes package 1. He also in addition put in all leather seats and alloy wheels. Only 1500 miles

My toyota dealer only had 2 new prius and wanted 29,000. Don't seem to be a lot of cars in Miami.

Thanks for this info!

There is a pre-addressed change of ownership notification postcard on the inside of the back cover of the warranty information booklet.

9. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicole @ Feb 28 2007, 06:50 AM) [snapback]397720[/snapback]</div>

TOO MUCH!!! sounds like a package #4 (you can buy new for about $23.5K if you shop around) and after market leather (about $1000). WIth no tax credit you are WAY better off buying new. Check carsdirect.com if you are lazy but checking out other dealers in your state would probably be worth while.

10. razzledazzlebee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luckyboy @ Feb 28 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]397815[/snapback]</div>
    I think she already went ahead and bought the car (look at her profile now)...... sigh...
    Well, welcome new Prius owner! :)