1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Wave...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, May 28, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ok.. pun intended in the description but I got my first wave...well.. a smile and a nod of acknowledgement from another Prius owner. He was driving an 06 Silver Pine. First "wave" in a looonng time for me. Wondering if the wave will be revived with this new updated 06 model and their owners?

2. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I waved yesterday at a grey in princeton......

3. j24816

j24816 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 28 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]262158[/snapback]</div>

My arm would fall off.

4. p21usa

p21usa New Member

I've had my car for five months and not a single wave until this month (I don't wave first :rolleyes: ). EVERY Prius that I've come across has waved to me so I do the obligatory "wave back" but not too big. Also, had my first occasion to come out to my car and find another Prius has parked next to me. Now, THAT I thought was cool!

5. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 28 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]262158[/snapback]</div>
    I've had mine for a month and I had my first wave last week. I was on the Hwy 401 here in Toronto and I passed an 04/05 Silver Prius; a few seconds later he accelerated up near me, and when I looked over he waved to me so I waved back. :)

Kinda makes you feel like a secret society or something. ;)

- Kevin

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When I lived in Fargo I think I only ever saw two Priuses in a year and a half, but here in Spokane I see several every week, and I wave if the opportunity permits, and several have waved back at me, usually with a big grin on both sides. I've seen references here on PC to a "special" Prius wave. I don't know what that is. I just wave like a madman. Seems to work, if the other driver sees me.

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I've become very selective. I seek out virgins :D . . . the inexperienced ones with the Hybrid badge on the front quarter panel and dealer tags still attached. Most of them like the attention of someone who is more experienced and can teach them a thing or two . . . but they too will soon grow old and jaded. :lol:

8. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Instead of a wave, I use a "thumb's up" now.

A wave can be misinterpreted if your "wavee" doesn't even realize you're waving because of his/her car. He/she may assume you think you know or recognize him/her from somewhere.

An affirmative thumb's up may help deter the wavee from that train of thought.

Maybe we should all carry palm-sized (about the size of a credit card) reprints of Bill Merchant's avatar to flash at appropriate times. It could evolve into an international symbol, even approved by the U.N. traffic mavens.

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  10. BobZ

BobZ New Member

I don't wave yet as I am still waitng for my car to arrive :( ....but I do find myself parking next to them in parking lots so I can drool on the way in and out of the store :blink: :blink: :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 28 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]262158[/snapback]</div>

11. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I thought this guy in Lemon Grove was going to fall out of his car! I was distracted about work and had nearly met up to him by the time I realized he was waving at me! He was VERY EXCITED! In La Mesa we are all so used to each other that we barely glance up.

12. jclay1965

jclay1965 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am not sure I can get into the 'waving' thing here in the Metro DC/Virginia area. Like someone else had mentioned, I think my arm would fall off, there are so many Prius drivers! Last time we were out in San Francisco, we thought it would be fun to 'count off' the number of Prius (Prii?) we saw parked on the street, after about 15-20 minutes, we were exhausted and decided to give up--too many!

13. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ May 29 2006, 02:46 AM) [snapback]262298[/snapback]</div>
    And, you need to shout "Good for youuuuuu!" at the same time! :lol: