1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius wheels

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JasMayor, Aug 15, 2013.

1. JasMayor

JasMayor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    What car has an equivalent wheel as the 2008 Prius? I just bought one and will need snow tires soon(!). The place (read this “junk yard”) I get my extra wheels doesn’t seem to have a list of equivalences. And I don’t want new ones or expensive “alloy” wheels.

I have heard that the equivalent for a 2004 Prius, my son’s car, is the 2003 Corolla, but haven’t verified that. Can anyone?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Corolla rims (2006~2007?) worked for our 3rd gen Prius, for use with snow tires. You might try dealerships, they're likely to be more knowledable, at least some of them.

When I was trying to find rims for snows I first went to our dealership of purchase, and hit a wall of bs (talk of the Prius being a "flagship" vehicle, no steel rims available). So I carpet emailed every dealership within reasonable driving distance, and one came through with the Corolla steel rim suggestion. Worked fine.

xpcman likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If the wheels on the '08 are alloys, with the fancy nuts with captured washers, you'll probably want to get plain open-ended lug nuts as well. Again, the dealership will likely be best source, to get the lug nuts with proper seats. When I did this I think they were around a buck a nut. Just galvanized, plain, but using those through winter preserves your chromed orig ones. And they fit better, don't stick out as much.

4. JasMayor

JasMayor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Thanks, Mendel.

5. tumbeweedjim

tumbeweedjim New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

6. tumbeweedjim

tumbeweedjim New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have four original wheels I kept when I moved to 18-inch wheels and tires. Decent shape.
    $150 for all four plus shipping from San Diego.