1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Windows?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by exces6, Sep 26, 2004.

1. exces6

exces6 New Member

Can someone tell me if the rear windows go all the way down and if all of the windows have one-click roll down? I thought I read that all the windows in the Prius are automatic.

Thanks.

2. peart75

peart75 New Member

rear windows do not go 100% all the way down, sorry. only the driver's windows has auto up/down. my 93 accord only had auto down. the auto up is nice.

-drew

3. exces6

exces6 New Member

Thanks for the quick response! Auto up sounds fun.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The auto up on the drivers window has a .. not sure what it's called.. we'll say a pressure sensor. If someone's hand it there when you roll it up.. it will go up, but stop when something gets crushed.. well.. just a little pressure and then roll down half way so you can take it out.

The back windows practicly go all the way down. It's just an inch or so that stucks up and it's not he entire window.. just the front of them sticks up. the best rear windows i've seen.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Auto up/down is nice for the the toll bridge in winter. Hit Down as I'm almost there, toss the token into the funnel without stopping, hit Up and step on the accelerator, and never even have to stop.

(There's no barrier. Just a red/green light, and you don't have to wait for the green. Pay and go.)

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My girls REALLY like that the rear windows go almost all they way down. The rear windows in my '95 Odyssey and my wife's '97 Subaru Legacy still have 5 or 6 inches of glass up all the way back.

The Prius rear window glass is about 1/2 inch up at the front and slopes (or the body slopes?) to the point the glass is below the door edge about 1/3rd of the way back. Plenty of room to comfortably put your elbow on the door.

7. exces6

exces6 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000\";p=\"41869)</div>
    Does this mean you could stick your arm out the window without it resting on glass?

8. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    that's exactly what you can do.. i've had friends rest their entire arms on the window with only their fingers touching glass