1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius With Roadside Assistance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LOLGuy, Mar 15, 2005.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Southeast dealers have a pretty standard option package that includes roadside assistance. Although the Tideland BC I picked up was from a dealer in MD, it too came with a car and instructions for Prius Roadside Assistance. Included inthe manufacturer's sticker -- not an add-on. What a great little surprise.

Do all Prii come with this feature???

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Standard. Toyota wants to see that the Prius drivers are well taken care of as well as attempting to get the cars to dealers to be evaluated so they are in the loop. I think they attempt to control who picks up the car though I have heard antidotal stories that this has not always gone well.

3. exces6

exces6 New Member

What does this service provide? I left the sticker on the rear window just in case I needed it (and for the added fun of seeing AT-PZEV on my car).

4. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't remember the specifics but believe it spans the 3-year, 36,000 mile period and includes towing, jump starts and lock-outs.

I'll take a look at the documentation this evening.

5. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Roadside assistance is 3/36000. If you have an Toyota extended warranty you also get some form of roadside assistance for the life of the service agreement. There is a concierge service associated with the 3/36000. Although the service seems to be reimbursement based, rather than costs taken care of by provider directly. I don't really like that, means I have to use my money to get a problem solved rather than just being taken care of. It isn't like they pay me interest for the days my money is not in my hands.

Anyway, I hear that the roadside package for the Prius is pretty good. Some dealers are kind of stupid about it and don't know what it really entails or how it works.

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Roadside assistance is provided without any out-of-pocket costs. You call, they come, they remedy as best they can (put on spare, give you gas, unlock your car, whatever), you both leave. No exchange of money, except maybe for gas.

Now tire roadhazard coverage that also comes with the roadside assistance is another matter. You pay for new tire, you submit claim within 30 days, they reimburse.

Been there, done that.