1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Won't Start

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tyler Jamison, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Tyler Jamison

Tyler Jamison New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi there,

I drove my Prius home from work today and went inside. I came back out thirty mins later and tried to start the car like normal but noticed the green light on the ignition button didn't turn on. Pushing the start button only turns on the electronics and doesn't allow me to drive the car. I made sure my key fob was close enough but no luck. Any ideas?

I have a tow truck driver en route to jump the car. Is this a bad idea? Called my local Toyota dealership where I bought the car and they said someone from service would be calling me back but it's been a couple hours.

Thanks for any help!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! don't you have toyotacare?

hard to say on a 2015, fob batteries and 12 volt should be fine. have you run down the 12v at all?
    watch carefully when he connects the jumper cables, make sure he puts red to positive. a better idea is to use the jump point under the hood.

the only other thing i can think of is, you didn't step on the brake hard enough, or the brake switch needs adjusting.

3. Tyler Jamison

Tyler Jamison New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My Toyota care has expired due to Mileage, but I do have the extended warranty though 125,000

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    okay. see my edit above.

5. Tyler Jamison

Tyler Jamison New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Update: Service arrived and attempted to jump the vehicle with one of those handheld jumpers. I made sure he had it hooked up correctly but it still did not allow the car to start. Just called in for a tow truck to take it to the delearship tomorrow morning.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    bummer dude, all the best!(y)